How do I prepare for the exam?
- If available, bring prior related studies to the imaging center at the time of your appointment for comparison purposes.
- Leave your valuables at home during your examination.
- Please bring your insurance cards, identification, and your prescription, authorization and/or referral.
- The patient will be screened for metallic implants or devices including a pacemaker, brain aneurysm clip, cochlear implants, other medical devices or any possibility of metal fragments in their eyes or body.
- Patients age 60 or over will be required to have a creatinine level for procedures requiring an injection of contrast (studies ordered with contrast).
MRI without contrast:
MRI with contrast:
The results of the blood workup for kidney function (BUN and creatinine) should be faxed or brought by the patient prior to the test. The referring physician should provide the prescription for the blood work. The patient may need to fast for at least 2-4 hours before the procedure. The patient will be asked to remove all jewelry, glasses, hearing aids, hairpins, and other metallic objects.